I am a full-time traveling registered nurse, fitness enthusiast, and nutrition expert. Every morning I wake up intending to bring awareness of the importance of health and spiritual wellness, especially to the traveling community. At Messy Bun Traveler, we promote travel that allows the traveler to either kick-start, maintain, or enhance a healthy lifestyle. So whether you're someone who travels for business, travels for pleasure, or new to travel and looking for health advice while on the road, this blog is for you!
Privacy & Disclosure
The Messy Bun Traveler is designed to bring you fun stories, destination guides, and healthy travel advice. To help cover the cost of running this site, all posts are sprinkled with hand-selected affiliate links. When you click on one of these links and make a purchase, I will earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. I only accept affiliate links and paid advertisements from brands I believe in, trust and use personally. Thank you for your continued support!
Let’s face it: Getting yourself motivated to hit the gym isn’t always easy.
As much as you know prioritizing health and fitness goals is important, sometimes a little extra push is necessary. This is why motivational workout quotes, fitness quotes, and gym quotes always come in handy when I need that little extra shove to get my booty off the couch!
I have compiled a list of some of my favorite uplifting quotes about health and fitness. These various quotes come from famous athletes and coaches who know what it takes to stay on track with workout and fitness goals.
1. “You’re only one workout away from a good mood.” -Unknown
2. “Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, and others make it happen.” – Michael Jordan
3. “If you don’t find the time, if you don’t do the work, you don’t get the results.” -Arnold Schwarzenegger
4. “Today I will do what others won’t, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can’t.” -Jerry Rice
5. “The pain you feel today is the strength you feel tomorrow.” -Unknown
It’s true. Moving your body is a great way to get yourself into a good mood. Exercise is known to release endorphins– the “feel good” hormones of the body. Of course, as stated in workout quote number 3, if you don’t put in the hard work and effort, you’re not going to see the results you want to achieve.
6. “The difference between try and triumph is a little ‘umph.'” -Marvin Phillips
7. “Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.” -Jim Ryun
8. “When I feel tired, I just think about how great I will feel once I finally reach my goal.” -Michael Phelps
9. “The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character.” -Arnold Schwarzenegger
10. “You should never stay at the same level. Always push yourself to the next.” -Marnelli Dimzon
These gym quotes are perfect for those who need a little motivation to finish that last set or that one last rep! Just push through and think how AMAZING you’ll feel once you’re through!
11. “Keep working even when no one is watching.” -Alex Morgan
12. “The only bad workout is the one that didn’t happen.” -Unknown
13. “Do something today that your future self will thank you for.” -Sean Patrick Flanery
14. “You may not be there yet, but you are closer than you were yesterday.” -Unknown
15. “A little progress each day adds up to big results.” -Unknown
These workout quotes are short and sweet but can leave a BIG impact. You’ve got to put in the time and effort even when no one is watching.
16. “When you feel like quitting, think about why you started.” -Unknown
17. “A one-hour workout is 4% of your day. No excuses.” -Unknown
18. “The best investment you make is your own health.” -Food Matters
19. “Three months from now, you will thank yourself.” -Unknown
20. “Remember, Rome wasn’t built in a day. Work hard. Good results will come.” -Unknown
Investing in yourself is so important! Just get started, and always remember your “why.” And of course, if you’re looking for more motivation to get going, keep scrolling through these workout quotes!
21. “Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.” – Jim Rohn
22. “Once you see results, it becomes an addiction.” -Unknown
23. “Don’t give up because you had a bad day. Forgive yourself and do better tomorrow.” -Unknown
24. “Tomorrow, you will wish you had started today.” -Unknown
25. “Nothing will work unless you do.” -Maya Angelou
I love workout quotes that emphasize wellness and health. Taking care of your body is so important because it truly is the most permanent residence you have on this earth. With each passing day, you’ll have wished you started your fitness journey sooner.
26. “On good days, workout. On bad days, work out harder.” -Unknown
27. “You don’t have to be extreme, just consistent.” -Unknown
28. “If you’re tired of starting over, stop giving up.” -Unknown
29. “Hustle for that muscle.” -Unknown
30. “Strive for progress, not perfection.” -Unknown
Finding the motivation to work out can be challenging. There are so many distractions and less physically demanding alternatives to spending an hour at the gym or working out at home. But always remember, consistency is key.
31. “Skipping the gym should never be an option. Every workout matters.” -Unknown
32. “Unpopular truth: getting stronger takes years. It’ll take more than a 6-week program or a 4-day challenge. It takes consistency and patience.” -Unknown
33. “I exercise because somehow completely exhausting my body is the most relaxing part of my day.” -Unknown
34. “Start where you are. Do what you can. Never stop. Keep going.” -Unknown
35. “Physical fitness is not only one of the most important keys to a healthy body; it is the basis of dynamic and creative intellectual activity.” -John F Kennedy
Fitness quotes like these remind me that there is no such thing as “quick fixes” or shortcuts. Real results take time, effort, and determination. Are you ready to make the right goals to better your future health?
36. “The journey of fitness is not a quick fix. It’s a continuous conquest.” -David Wang
37. “Don’t be upset by the results you didn’t get with the work you didn’t do.” -Unknown
38. “A fit body, a calm mind, a house full of love. These things cannot be bought–they must be earned.” -Naval Ravikant
39. “Fitness is not a hobby. It’s a lifelong commitment to wake up a better person than you were yesterday.” -Unknown
40. “Once working out is a habit, you can’t imagine a day of not working out.” -Unknown
This fitness quote really does speak my truth! Because I’ve turned working out into a habit, I cannot imagine a day where I don’t get moving, even if it’s something small.
41. “Make time for it. Just get it done. Nobody ever got strong or got in shape by thinking about it. They just did it.” -Unknown
42. “Respect your body. Fuel your body. Challenge your body. Move your body. And most of all–love your body.” -Unknown
43. “You can either experience the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The choice is yours.” -Unknown
44. “Don’t wish for a good body. Work for it.” -Unknown
45. “Start your day with a workout, and you will feel unstoppable.” -Unknown
These workout quotes remind me of the importance of self-care, as maintaining physical fitness is an important component of self-care.
46. ¨The groundwork for all happiness is good health.¨ – Leigh Hunt
47. ¨Exercise is king. Nutrition is queen. Put them together, and you’ve got a kingdom.¨ – Jack LaLanne
48. ¨Increased physical activity enhances positive energy.¨ – Lailah Gifty Akita
49. “Don’t count the days, make the days count.” —Muhammad Ali
50. “Living a healthy lifestyle will only deprive you of poor health, lethargy, and fat.” -Jill Johnson
Positive energy really is key to living a long and meaningful life. Physical activity, no matter what it is, can help you achieve that.
* We will never share your details with any third party