I am a full-time traveling registered nurse, fitness enthusiast, and nutrition expert. Every morning I wake up intending to bring awareness of the importance of health and spiritual wellness, especially to the traveling community. At Messy Bun Traveler, we promote travel that allows the traveler to either kick-start, maintain, or enhance a healthy lifestyle. So whether you're someone who travels for business, travels for pleasure, or new to travel and looking for health advice while on the road, this blog is for you!
Privacy & Disclosure
The Messy Bun Traveler is designed to bring you fun stories, destination guides, and healthy travel advice. To help cover the cost of running this site, all posts are sprinkled with hand-selected affiliate links. When you click on one of these links and make a purchase, I will earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. I only accept affiliate links and paid advertisements from brands I believe in, trust and use personally. Thank you for your continued support!
1. “I want to travel across the world and breathe the air of new places.” -Anonymous
2. “Life is a journey— make the most of it.” -Unknown
3. “No matter where or why you travel, there’s always something wonderful to be found.” -Unknown
Traveling enhances our understanding of the world, but it also exposes how little we know and how much has yet to be discovered. Travel makes us feel like small fish in a big pond. These inspiring travel quotes really help put things into perspective.
4. “If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine. It is lethal.” -Paulo Coelho
5. “I just want to eat pizza, travel, wear bikinis, and take naps.” -Unknown
6. “Travel is the healthiest addiction.” -Unknown
Sometimes even the shortest travel quotes create the most impact. Personally, I understand the notion of a routine being “lethal.” Life’s greatest gift is spontaneity and adventure. We shouldn’t waste it by being caught up in emotionally-draining daily routines. Don’t be afraid to mix things up. Buy that plane ticket. Take that vacation. Travel to that unknown destination. It’s important for our overall health and wellbeing.
7. “The farther you go, however, the harder it is to return.” -Anderson Cooper
8. “Follow the adventure of your dreams.” -Unknown
9. “A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions.” — Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
I love this travel quote because it is so important to challenge your current ways of thinking. By traveling to new places and experiencing new cultures, your mind will become more open and accepting!
10. “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.” -Unknown
11. “As you travel solo, being totally responsible for yourself, it’s inevitable that you will discover just how capable you are.” -Anonymous
12. “Work tip: Stand up. Stretch. Take a walk. Go to the airport. Get on a plane. Never return.” -Unknown
13. “Quit your job. Buy a ticket, get a tan, fall in love, never return.” -Unknown
14. “Who lives sees, but who travels sees more.” -Unknown
15. “Travel is my therapy.” -Moustag
16. “Life is short, and the world is wide. The sooner you start exploring it, the better.” –Simon Raven
17. “I can’t think of anything that excites a greater sense of childlike wonder than to be in a country where you are ignorant of almost everything.” -Unknown
18. “I travel because I need to…because my wild, adventurous spirit can’t live according to the ‘norm.’ I travel to regroup, to reinvent myself, to be the best me I can be, to find joy in the ordinary and peace in exploring. I travel to be.” -Unknown
Number 18 is probably my favorite travel quote of all. It encompasses my intense desire to travel and bases it on my personality traits, or “spirit.” I travel not only for leisure but as part of my full-time job as well. It is ultimately who I am.
19. “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” –Lao Tzu
20. “I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.” –Mary Anne Radmacher
21. “There’s a sunrise and a sunset every single day, and they’re absolutely free. Don’t miss so many of them.” –Jo Walton
This travel quote that talks about the sunrise and sunset reminds me of the beautiful sunsets of the Philippines. My husband and I spent almost a month there exploring the diverse islands and turquoise blue waters.
22. “Because when you stop and look around, life is pretty amazing.” —Dr. Seuss
23. “Wherever you go, go with all your heart.” —Unknown
24. “Once a year, go somewhere you’ve never been before.” —Dalai Lama
Don’t wait to take that next vacation. In a few years’ time, you’ll wish you had. In the end, it’s not all the work we put in at the office we remember. It’s our many adventures. Specifically, it’s all our travels with our loved ones.
25.”It’s a funny thing coming home. Nothing changes. Everything looks the same, feels the same, even smells the same. You realize what’s changed is you.” —Scott Fitzgerald
26. “There are seven days in a week and “someday” isn’t one of them.” —Unknown
27. “Travel isn’t always pretty. It isn’t always comfortable. Sometimes it hurts, it even breaks your heart. But that’s okay. The journey changes you; it should change you. It leaves marks on your memory, on your consciousness, on your heart, and on your body. You take something with you. Hopefully, you leave something good behind.” –Anthony Bourdain
Coming back from an amazing trip can bring on some pretty emotional feelings. I know for me, travel quote #25 really hits home. I always feel like a changed person after my time abroad.
28. “Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” –Gustave Flaubert
29. “You know that voice in your head telling you to travel? Listen to it. Because 10 years from now, you’ll wish you had.” –Anonymous
30. We travel not to escape life but for life not to escape us. –Unknown
When you travel, you realize how vast it really is. The more you see, the more you realize you haven’t seen. I spend most of my time in California, and each day I’m humbled by how much of it I still haven’t uncovered.
31. “Travel is the only thing you can buy that makes you richer.” –Unknown
32. “Travel: It gives you a home in a thousand strange places, then leaves you a stranger in your own land.” –Unknown
33. “It is better to travel well than to arrive.” –Buddha
34. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, and sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” –Mark Twain
35. “If you travel far enough, you meet yourself.” –David Mitchell
1.“An upcoming vacation gives us something to eagerly anticipate.” -Jaime Kurtz
2. “Vacations mean a change of pace, a gentleness with ourselves, a time of rest and renewal, and a time to stretch ourselves and encounter new people, new lands, new ways, and new options.” -Anne Wilson Schaef
3. “Vacation is that time when you wish you had something to do while doing nothing.” -Frank Tyger
Planning a vacation gives me something to look forward to! These vacation quotes speak to me because they break up the hum-drum of daily routine and inspire me to buy that plane ticket!
4. “Take vacations, go as many places as you can. You can always make money, but you can’t always make memories.” -Anonymous
5. “The vacation we often need is freedom from our own mind.” –Jack Adam
6. “Don’t bother me—I’m on vacation.” -Anonymous
7. “Happiness consists of living each day as if it were the first day of your honeymoon and the last day of your vacation.” -Leo Tolstoy
Just as vacations are intended to be, most vacation quotes are light and funny yet still have the power to inspire wanderlust.
8. “A vacation is a sunburn at premium prices.” -Hal Chadwicke
9. “My goal is to hit the gym every day I’m on vacation. Usually, I just end up sleeping and drinking beer.” -Gary Allan
10. “I love places that make you realize how tiny you and your problems are.” – Anonymous
11. “It’s better to see something once than to hear about it a thousand times.” -Anonymous
12. “Vacation calories don’t count.” -Unknown
As humorous as these vacation quotes are, and yes, it’s perfectly okay to splurge while on vacation, calories do still count! (Sorry not sorry!)
13. “If not now, then when?” -Unknown
14. “A vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you’ve been taking.” –Earl Wilson
15. “Fear is only temporary. Regrets last forever.” -Unknown
Truthfully, I have made some mistakes in my life and even while on vacation. But my only regrets are about the things I didn’t do. That’s why even though some things make me fearful, I’d rather do it than have regrets about it!
16. “I need a six-month vacation, twice a year.” -Unknown
17. “Isn’t it amazing how much stuff we get done the day before vacation?” -Zig Ziglar
18. “Make your vocation your vacation. That is the secret to success.” -Mark Twain
19. “Our happiest moments as tourists always seem to come when we stumble upon one thing while in pursuit of something else.” –Lawrence Block
This vacation quote teaches us to expect the unexpected. Typically, we’ll learn things that we never even thought we needed to know.
20. “I want to vacation so long, that I forget all my passwords.” -Unknown
And that concludes all my favorite travel quotes and vacation quotes! What are some of your favorite quotes about traveling? Feel free to share in the comments below!
* We will never share your details with any third party